Guru Dutt was an Indian film actor, director and producer.
Born on 9 July, 1925 in Bangalore. He had hardships with the financial situation. During his childhood, he had deeply observed the Bengali culture, he was fluent at Bengali. Despite being intelligent in studies, he never went to college because of his financial situation. In 1944, he acted Chand, his first movie, and later he worked as assistant director of Vishram Bedekar. After that he was hired by Prabhat Film Company as a choreographer, and soon he would restart his acting career.
His first prominent direction was Baazi, from 1951. He would later produce Aar Paar (1955). Throughout his career, he had acted in a number of movies that would remain memorable to this day, they include Baaz (1953), Pyaasa (1957), Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Chaudhvin Ka Chand (1960), Bahurani (1963), Sanjh Aur Savera (1964) among others.
He passed away on 10 October, 1964 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Death reason remains mystery.
He has acted in the following songs.
1. Chaudhvin Ka Chaand Ho.
2. Ajhun Naa Aye Balamwa.
3. Taqdeer Kahan Le Jayegi Malum Nahin.
4. Yehi Hai Woh Sanjh Aur Savera.
5. Zindagi Mujhko Dikha De Rasta.
6. Umar Hui Tumse Mile Phir Bhi Jaane Kyon.
7. Eetal Ke Ghar Mein Teetal Baahar Acchha Ke Bheetar Ja Poochh Ke Aao Cheetal.
8. Kaam Krodh Aur Lobh Ka Mara.
9. Aaj Ki Mulakaat Bas Itni.
10. Is Bhari Duniya Mein.
11. Kaahe Itna Guman.
12. Ye Jhuke Jhuke Naina.
13. Koi Door Se Aawaaz De Chale Aao.
14. Bhanwara Bada Naadaan Hai.
15. Mili Khak Mein Mohabbat.
16. Yeh Luckhnow ki Sar-Zameen.
17. Dekhi Zamane Ki Yaari.
18. Hum Tum Jise Kehta Hain Shaadi.
19. Ulte Seedhe Dao lagaye.
20. Main Kho Gaya Yaheen.
21. Dekh Idhar Ae Hasina, June Ka Hai Mahina Daal Julfo Ka Saya.
22. Aaj Sajan Mohe Ang Lagalo.
23. Hum Aapki Aankhon Mein.
24. Jane Woh Kaise Log.
25. Ye Duniya Agar Mil Bhi Jaaye.
26. Ye Haste Huye Phool.
27. Ye Kuche Ye Nilaam Ghar Dilkashi Ke (Jinhe Naaz Hai Hind Par Vo Kaha Hai).
28. Tang Aa Chuke Hain Qash Ma Qash E Zindagi Se Hum.
29. Mohabbat Kar Lo Jee Bharlo.